In this tutorial, we are going to teach you how you can receive donations in your WordPress site for non-profit organizations using Stripe. We assume that you already have registered a Stripe account and a WordPress site. Following are the steps:
- Goto Plugins > Add New.
- Search for “Stripe”.
- Install and activate the plugin named “Stripe Payments by wptipsntricks”.
- Then you will see “Stripe Payments” menu on left sidebar on admin panel. Goto Stripe Payments > Settings.
- Scroll down and you will see 4 fields:
- Live Stripe Publishable Key
- Live Stripe Secret Key
- Test Stripe Publishable Key
- Test Stripe Secret Key
- Goto your stripe dashboard and from left sidebar, goto Developers > API keys.
- Copy the publishable and secret key and paste them in respective fields. Make sure if you are using test mode or live mode.
- Coming back to your WordPress admin panel, goto Stripe Payments > Add New Product.
- In “Price & Currency” section, select “Donation”.
- You will also see a section named “Embed Product” on right hand side below “Publish” button.
- Copy the shortcode and paste that in your post or wherever you want to show the payment button.
Now, you can use the following credentials for testing the payment method:
|Card Number||5555 5555 5555 4444|
Whenever someone makes a donation to your site, you will see that in your Stripe dashboard “Payments” page from left sidebar.